Thank you for your interest in Nantucket Lighthouse School!
We understand that choosing the right school for your child is an important decision, and we would like to make the process as straightforward as possible for you and your family.
1. Attend an Open House or set up a tour and request an admissions portfolio.
Thursday, January 17, 2019: Admissions Open House, "Meet our Faculty" at 5:30 PM
3. Your child will be invited to attend an "Observation Day."
4. You will be invited to an Interview with the Head of School. The interview is typically 30 minutes in length and gives you a chance to ask questions. In addition to the observation day, this will also give our Head of School an opportunity to determine the best placement for your child.
5. An Admissions Notification is mailed by:
- February 1, 2019 for Small School and Kinderclass
- March 8, 2019 for Primary through Middle School
>>>Even though our application deadline was on January 26, 2018 we welcome late applications, space permitting, for the 2018–19 school year.<<<
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to set up a tour. We look forward to hearing from you!
Download our Admissions Guide:
The Nantucket Lighthouse School admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, religion, mental or physical ability, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, religion, mental or physical ability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law, in the administration of its educational, admissions, scholarships and loans, athletic, and other policies and programs.
General Admissions Policy:
The School strives to build a diverse student body that reflects the School’s mission and values. The School further strives to ensure an appropriate match between a prospective student/family and the mission and philosophy of the School. In doing so, the School maintains an admissions process that affirms the dignity and worth of each individual and respects the needs of students and families to learn about the School’s programs and activities. We encourage families to learn more about our School, and to take advantage of our Open Houses, Observation Days, tours, and knowledgeable Admissions staff.